Sunday, October 19, 2014

Representing American Folk Music, one concert at a time


Report from Anaheim, California: Anson is from Taiwan and he's taking a college course on American Folk Music. Before tonight, he'd never been to a live concert in the USA. Now he has Sweet Song Coming 'Round and Picnic in the Sky and I get the feeling they are going back to Taiwan with him. He was very happy and a such a nice person to meet. This is one of those things that makes me feel better about not going into the foreign service or trying to get a position in the presidential cabinet -- being a musical ambassador involves more banjo and no bombs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice of you to take an interest in my blog! Thank you for considering making a comment. I will try to get your comment on my blog ASAP. Thanks for your patience as I moderate it and make sure that it's not spam. Wishing you a wonderful day. Jeni