Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Mawmaw Tries a Triangle

Mawmaw wasn't too sure when I showed her the pattern for Anna Maria Horner's Folk Dance Quilt. She had not fooled with triangles in her umpteen years of quilting. So, I started piecing the triangles myself while she finished up a nine-patch quilt top. Well, curiosity got the better of her and my Aunt Princess Temple was depending on her to learn how to make this beautiful quilt, so I taught her how to piece the triangles.


I will not kid you. These triangles are no picnic to sew together and we used our seam ripper quite a bit, but we felt like the result was well worth the effort.

All of this fabric except the blue floral on the far left is available at Jo-Ann right now. Quite a bit of it is Denyse Schmidt. I definitely support my independent fabric shops and I especially love to use recycled fabric, but the only fabric store that was open on a Sunday on our drive from Central VA to Southwest VA was Jo-Ann. The poor women there were about as worn-out as great-grandma's ironing board.

I am still hand-sewing the binding on this quilt after finishing the rest of the work about four weeks ago, but that is the life of the DIY musician – projects always hurry up and wait!

Love and Happiness from me, your friend,

Jeni

3 comments:

  1. love that Mamaw got curious enough to try this :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting and commenting Jill!

      Delete
  2. Oh Jeni, the quilt is amazing! I might have to give this one a try. SO glad you got your blog up and running.

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice of you to take an interest in my blog! Thank you for considering making a comment. I will try to get your comment on my blog ASAP. Thanks for your patience as I moderate it and make sure that it's not spam. Wishing you a wonderful day. Jeni