Friday, April 15, 2016

The Roses of California


Fridays in the Studio – a new series of videos leading up to the release of our new record – “The Roses of California.” Back in the 1950’s, one of my Aunts went out to California with a fella who thought she looked like a movie star. And she did. And she was glad to escape being a miner’s wife. But, eventually, she ended up peeling potatoes in Idaho. Much of this song is true. I like what Billy’s Dad, Bill Jr, had to say about it: “These things happen.” And they do.
Thanks very much to Peter Knipe, our great friend and chief archivist in Britain, for capturing our process as we recorded songs for our upcoming CD, “Heart of the Mountain.” Here we are last July in All Saints Church, Barwick-in-Elmet, West Yorkshire, England, by invitation of Si McGrath of the fabulous band King Courgette.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice of you to take an interest in my blog! Thank you for considering making a comment. I will try to get your comment on my blog ASAP. Thanks for your patience as I moderate it and make sure that it's not spam. Wishing you a wonderful day. Jeni